The Government of India is determined to fightall economic crimes.
For this purpose, the Government of India has setup the following Investigating Agencies which function under theDepartment of Revenue in Union Ministry of Finance:-
- The Central Economic Intelligence Bureau(Apex Intelligence & Co-ordinating body)
- Directorate General of Revenue Intelligence(for Customs related offences)
- Directorate of Enforcement(for Foreign Exchange related offences)
- Directorate General of Anti-Evasion(for Central Excise related offences)
- Directorate General of Income Tax(Investigation)[for Income Tax related offences)
- Narcotics Control Bureau(for Drugs related offences)
This Site aims to provide a channel of communication between theseAgencies and the world at large. The visitors can use the Feedback Form on thisSite to send their feedback, enquiries and comments.
In pursuance of its commitment to fight economic crime, theGovernment of India has been implementing an attractive Reward Scheme for persons (irrespective of their nationality) providing useful informationto the Government of India. This Site also strives to encouragethe Visitors to senduseful information to the Government of India by providing anInformation SubmissionForm on this Site. Theidentity of the Visitors submitting such information will be keptan absolute secret with the Government of India.
In order to facilitate coordination amongst the Enforcement Agencies dealingwith economic offences and ensure operational coordinationamongst them, a two tier system has been established by theGovernment of India with an Economic Intelligence Council at the Centreunder the Chairmanship of Union Finance Minister , and 18 Regional EconomicIntelligence Committees at different places in India.
You may use the following Navigation Tree to view thedifferent pages in this Web Site:-
This Web Site has been designed
by The CentralEconomic Intelligence Bureau and hosted on the Web Server of National Informatics Centre